A family of four

Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm DONE with school....






















At age 37 I have spent 22 of those years in school. Yesterday I defended my field study and when I graduate in December I can now put an Ed.S. behind my name.

No one knows what an Ed.S. degree is so I went to Wikipedia:
Most individuals who earn an Ed.S. degree seek to increase their skills for advanced certification requirements or other professional objectives. Many people may pursue an Ed.S. degree in order to meet state or professional requirements for career advancement. Major areas available with this degree include school counseling, school psychology, and others.
The Ed.S. degree is a focused degree program that is considered by accrediting bodies as the completion of the sixth year of collegiate study (between the master's and doctorate). Programs typically require from 30 to 45 semester hours. But while master's degree holders can usually be confident of advancement and upward movement on the salary scale, the Ed.S. degree holder may find that managers are often not aware of, or do not have a way of recognizing, this lesser-known degree. This is especially true outside of academic settings.

All I know is that I'm done. I officially graduate in December.

In bigger news, CAW started 4K on Wednesday. He received a Build-a-Bear Spider-Man outfit. He told me 'it's perfect' which is a lot coming from CAW!

We took him to his favorite restaurant (Daddy's work). He enjoyed the attention.

This weekend will be filled with soccer for Cgirl and CAW and lots of work for Uncle D and no studying for ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home