Back to School....










I'm not sure how to even update everyone on our life the past eight days. It feels like it has been a month...
Wednesday Uncle D's folks arrived to babysit (photo). We took them with to our daycare open house. CBW loved showing off her 'school.' (photo-CAW using the cleaning toys!)
On Thursday I had Orientation. CBW woke up with a high fever. Grandma Linda and Grandpa Dennis did a great job nursing her and giving her some TLC while I was away.
On Friday, CBW was feeling better. I had Orientation again. When I gave baths that night I found CAW had 15 spots under his arms.
On Saturday we headed up to Grandma Sal's and Grandpa Tom's place. We had an eventful weekend full of kids (see photo with Maddy and Olivia), horsies, hay rides, buggy rides (photo), and tractors. CBW got a fever again. Auntie Shelly and I were going to hit the State Fair on Sunday but we got rained out. On the way home on Monday, CAW got sick. He ended up spiking a 103.9 temp while Uncle D was home and busy with his orientation program.
Jump ahead....
CAW is feeling better. He actually went to school today. He missed his first day and we were told at Urgent Care that he had a mild case of Chicken Pox. I'm still not sure if I'm believing it.
CBW is on day two of school. It was the best drop-offs we have ever had. Being four and having the same teacher and room really helped with her adjustment. She also started dance last night. There were about ten little girls (all in pink) and she seemed to have a blast.
I also had my 'first-day-of-school' last night. I have enrolled for six credits this semester. Yes, I may be crazy! I was hoping after class last night I would know if I was up to it or not but I think with my sleep deprivation I was not able to form a decision. If I go ahead, I'll be slowly working on my Ed.S. degree and then hopefully go on to do my doctorate at the U of M. However this is a big 'IF' and will take years so we'll see how it all plays out.
A special shout-out to all our friends who started school yesterday. Many for the first time...Olivia, Olivia, and Ethan. We are so proud that your days went well and you were so brave. Also kudos to our nephews who started at a new school. We are glad to hear you both enjoyed your first day too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home