A family of four

Monday, June 04, 2007

My Amazing Grandpa!













Hello~


This weekend was the second annual race in memory of my Grandpa. He passed away June 3 so the timing is perfect. I always feel so blessed when I think about him and what an amazing man he was to me and others. I was always so very proud to call him my 'Grandpa.' He was exactly the type of Grandparent I hope to be someday. He loved me unconditionally, he showed interest in my life, he loved to do things with me and take me places, and he invited me to stay with him a lot (which was always a blast!). Now that I'm a Mom I know how awesome that was for my folks too. We always kept busy. I remember staying with him in my teens and we would start the morning with aerobics (with Grandma), work 10 hours at their clothing store (I was the gift wrapper) and then play a game of racketball and finally take a soak in the whirlpool. It was crazy but now I so appreciate staying active and fitting a lot into your life! He was so positive and always wanting to help others.

You can read about the race here. This year I didn't attend because of my leg and my sister couldn't make it because she is in Turkey. Next year we will both be there and hopefully I'll be running again!


We had a fun weekend at our house.

On Saturday CAW and I headed to Owen's third birthday party (train theme). We actually made a day of it and napped at Teresa's house. It worked so well and was nice not to have to race off like we so often do. We actually played games and I was able to catch up with Owen and Olivia.

On the way home we stopped to see Andrea and her family. It was a great visit for me and an even better rest for my leg.

Saturday Uncle D and CBW spent the day together planting their garden and going to auctions. They had a lot of fun!

On Sunday we hit a town festival. Our friend, Sandi, had a booth since she is opening her bakery soon. Then I stayed in town and worked all afternoon. My Mom came so Uncle D could have some crawler time. Uncle D then picked me up and we went out to dinner and Target to celebrate our anniversary.

It was a great weekend after a very trying three weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home