A family of four

Thursday, August 23, 2007

School is about to start....































We have had another full two weeks. I have only time for some highlights.
1) CBW got a princess piggy bank to save her tooth-fairy money. She is suddenly interested in money and often asks me how much something costs. She lost her second tooth on Tuesday night. The tooth fairy showed up last night. She is so cute with her two missing bottom teeth.
2) Our friend Sandi opened her bakery. She invited the family to her VIP party on Saturday night. We had a great time. CAW managed to spill chocolate milk on me, Joan, CBW, himself, and Uncle D's new boss' husband. Perfect!
3) CBW called me screaming yesterday because her teacher and bus assignment finally arrived in the mail. She is very excited. I was talking to her about the bus and she said 'Mom, I'll just get on the bus. It will be fine.' Let's hope she is feeling the same in two weeks.
4) The kids headed to my folks for three days last week. I shopped at Target and for new glasses one night until 9 p.m. It was great to get that done. The next night I decided to be a good wife and headed to the Cities with Uncle D for dinner and a tractor part=) instead of spending a night alone in my house (something I never ever get!) We had a nice time but I'm still amazed I didn't stay home.
5) CAW tried out his 'big-boy' underwear. He was so cute but he had an accident within 45 minutes so we still have some work to do.
6) We had a huge storm last week. We were without electricity for most of the night. Uncle D and I sat upstairs with a flashlight trying to decide if we should move the children into the basement (knowing CAW would never fall asleep down there). We let them sleep but each day when I see all the trees still down around town I know we didn't make the best decision. I'm amazed the kids slept through the storm when a flushing toilet will sometimes wake them.
7) I'm swamped at work. Uncle D is swamped at work. I'm already feeling like I'm not on top of everything and this is before CBW starts school, before I go back to school, and before I have two jobs. I have a feeling this semester is going to be even more hectic than I originally imagined. Yikes.
8) Further evidenceof point 7 is that last night I had scheduled a playdate for CAW with a friend from his school. The Mom called me when I was 20 minutes late and I had completely forgotten. I never do that and it rocked my world a little bit. I know I'm human and certainly make mistakes but I also know that I'm really good at managing our calendars and I can't believe I totally blew it. My good friends would have loved this to happen since they know it isn't me...however this mom and I have only gotten together twice so she probably thinks I'm a total flake. We rescheduled for Sunday. I hope I don't blow it again.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Sara Biren said…

    Love the big boy undies!

    You are not a flake! My gosh you have so much going on. You want to see flake, you should see me! I can't walk from the back of the store to the front without forgetting why I was going there. And so many times lately my sentences just seem to trail off.... I wonder where they go. I'd like to visit that place someday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home