A family of four

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

oh joyous day!!!!!!







Wow. It is amazing when you are in the middle of experiencing something that you know you will remember for the rest of you life! Today was one of those moments for me. I got to watch Barack Obama become our President in a theatre full of college students, staff, and faculty. We cheered and cried; clapped and laughed.
I woke up this morning knowing it was going to be a memorable day (I was prepared with my Kleenex) but it was even more than I anticipated. I told Cgirl and CAW all about it this morning as they got dressed. Cgirl was pumped and CAW didn't have a clue=)
I have had so many friends email or call today. I wish we could all be together to celebrate but I'm glad today was as special for you as it was for me! We know that this man is not going to solve all of our problem. But it feels so good to have someone who speaks your truth and is ready to lead!
What a day!
The past five days have been filled with snow-days (actually 'cold' days) from school. Yesterday we got out to the MN Zoo (more photos later). We had a great time. On Saturday I started the day with my annual UMD Mall of America trip. It is always so wonderful to hang with my best college friends. Later that night Uncle D and I had a babysitter so we could go to a friend's house warming party. On Sunday my cousin and her family visited. A very fun weekend. And tonight we are hosting a party!!!!!! I bet you can guess the occasion! I feel so lucky to have a husband who understands what this means and was willing to work/volunteer to make it happen.
I loved 'Simple Gifts' before he spoke.
'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,
'Tis the gift to come down where you ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gain'd,
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come round right.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Sara Biren said…

    Yes -- Simple Gifts was one of the highlights for me as well. Wouldn't it be an amazing thing to achieve simplicity in our lives. I wish we could have experienced the event together as well...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home