Where oh where....
is my watch? I love my watch! It took a lot of shopping to find just the one I wanted. As many folks know I am known for temporarily misplacing things (usually my clip-on sun glasses). Like this weekend I left my watch at Pickle Lake but my Mom must have found it and packed it up so it was found again on Saturday when I unpacked.
I remember setting it by the telephone on our kitchen counter. Yesterday morning it wasn't there but I didn't have time to look so I just went watchless (which I hate).
So after two days without my watch I finally remembered to ask Uncle D where it might be. He just loves when I do this. I have learned through our 7.5 years of marriage not to ask him where things are until I have thoroughly looked myself.
Well he promptly replied....'I saw CBW with it yesterday. She was wearing it and having a ball.' I asked if he knew where it might have ended up and if I should go out and dig through the garbage. He said (in his very Uncle D way) that he doubted it was in the garbage but it was highly likely she put it somewhere I wouldn't discover for at least a year.
So this morning before I left for work I sat down on the couch with CBW and asked if she remembered seeing Mommy's watch. Her eyes lit up so I knew she understand what I was talking about even though she was half asleep. So I then said 'Where is Mommy's watch?' And she replied 'Where?' She thought I was going to tell her the answer....like we were playing school. Uncle D was sitting across the room feeding CAW and I know he had a good laugh. I'll let you know if it turns up.
My Whitewater friends will appreciate (we worked with folks who were chronically late) that I can't be held responsible for being late if I don't have a watch=)
Last night we had CAW's parent teacher conference. Yes, they have those for 6 month old children. He is doing quite well and they told me so much about him I knew he was getting lots of attention. BTW-Uncle D was 15 minutes late!
Tonight we have CBW's parent teacher conference. Hopefully that will go well too. We'll talk about CBW making good choices, etc.=)
I remember setting it by the telephone on our kitchen counter. Yesterday morning it wasn't there but I didn't have time to look so I just went watchless (which I hate).
So after two days without my watch I finally remembered to ask Uncle D where it might be. He just loves when I do this. I have learned through our 7.5 years of marriage not to ask him where things are until I have thoroughly looked myself.
Well he promptly replied....'I saw CBW with it yesterday. She was wearing it and having a ball.' I asked if he knew where it might have ended up and if I should go out and dig through the garbage. He said (in his very Uncle D way) that he doubted it was in the garbage but it was highly likely she put it somewhere I wouldn't discover for at least a year.
So this morning before I left for work I sat down on the couch with CBW and asked if she remembered seeing Mommy's watch. Her eyes lit up so I knew she understand what I was talking about even though she was half asleep. So I then said 'Where is Mommy's watch?' And she replied 'Where?' She thought I was going to tell her the answer....like we were playing school. Uncle D was sitting across the room feeding CAW and I know he had a good laugh. I'll let you know if it turns up.
My Whitewater friends will appreciate (we worked with folks who were chronically late) that I can't be held responsible for being late if I don't have a watch=)
Last night we had CAW's parent teacher conference. Yes, they have those for 6 month old children. He is doing quite well and they told me so much about him I knew he was getting lots of attention. BTW-Uncle D was 15 minutes late!
Tonight we have CBW's parent teacher conference. Hopefully that will go well too. We'll talk about CBW making good choices, etc.=)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home