CBW and the Dentist


Well the visit went okay (at best). CBW was excited Tuesday night. Although when I went to get out the Dora Dentist book she said 'not that one.' I think she knew it by heart. So we went in as prepped as we could. She was excited and talked about the visit all morning. Once we got there she was still doing well until they raised the chair...she started shaking like a leaf. I sat on the other side of the chair and held her hand while they tried to count her teeth. The explorer (the sharp instrument with a hook) was not going in her mouth. She kept telling them it would hurt. They finally got in her mouth enough to see one major cavity and one minor cavity. For a kid who has had juice about 30 times in her life, has never even tasted soda, and drinks milk endlessly, I was shocked to hear she had such a major cavity at such a young age. However she does love her sweets. Ugh. Now we need to go to a pediatric dentist where she will be severely drugged so they can fill the cavity. Her favorite part was actually the water spray/vacuum thing. They called it Mr. Thirsty and she talked about it all day.
My supervisor told me a horror story today of bringing her three-year old into the dentist (he's now in his 20's) and the assistant telling him if he didn't stop crying his mom would leave. She promptly picked him up left. I was glad the staff was so great with her yesterday. I guess the pediatric dentist has small chairs, etc. so maybe that will go better. Uncle D is definitely coming along for that one.
I dropped CBW off at 10:30 a.m. and stayed until 11:00 a.m. helping get all the kids dressed to go outside. That is total chaos and takes a good 20 minutes with all of the children.
I then ran errands and had lunch with Uncle D. It is always great to spend some time alone and be able to chat without constant interruptions. I'm still amazed ten years later how much he can make me laugh. We tried out a place that just opened in town realizing it could be months before we'd be back.
I then went home and did four solid hours of work. It was so great. My holiday cards are done. When I went to get the kids we were able to come home and have everything accomplished (other than baths) so we could just play. It was wonderful and I plan to take some more of those days in the future. Uncle D had his work holiday party last night. I didn't find a babysitter but it all worked out fine. CAW celebrated his seven month birthday. He even talked on the phone for Grandma Sal last night. He had a lot to say about being seven months old.
Shelly is going out tonight with a guy my friend Heather set her up with. Hope it goes well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home