Remix...All I Want for Christmas is my FOUR front teeth!


Hello~
Well it was a wild and crazy four days. We all made it to my Aunt Tami's for our Norwegian festivities. We had a great time although we had a few obstacles along the way. CBW and I went in early to see Cinderella at Marshall Field's. When we got there we discovered it was an hour wait. Luckily I had not told CBW what we were doing so I tried to get excited about being downtown Msp shopping and she fell for it. Uncle D had the job of getting CAW to our party at 4:00. Although he isn't sick we have now learned that he is cutting four teeth at once. My good friend Andrea told me about her son doing this a few weeks ago. I remember thinking 'I've never heard of a child cutting four teeth at once but that can't be much fun.' It has been a bit nuts!
We had a great time with the fellow Norwegians. I didn't get a chance to taste all the food because I was trying very hard to get CAW to sleep...which never really happened. We hardly saw CBW all night since she was very busy playing with cousin Ellie. We dressed CAW in an outfit that my Grandma saved from her clothing store when it closed in the 80's.
We left at 9:20 on our way to Uncle D's folks. We got 20 minutes down the road when I realized I had forgotten our contribution to dinner the following day so we turned around.
Sleeping at Uncle D's folks' was interesting. CBW did great. She didn't wake during the transfer and she only woke once to go to the bathroom. CAW woke right when Uncle D tried to lay him down. He did not sleep very well that night so Uncle D and I ended up getting about four hours of fair sleep by the time morning came. Ugh. It is so funny because before children I would never had considered the effort of packing for Christmas and sleeping away from home with your two children. I can't wait until they are old enough that you just roll out the sleeping bag and they are good to go.
We had lots of fun on Christmas Eve. CBW was in rare form helping everyone unwrap their presents. She got a big kick out of her cousins and they even included her in their play. We visited Uncle D's Grandpa who is now in the hospital. It was great to finally introduce him (August) to CAW since we named CAW after Gus.
On the way back home we stopped at Auntie's house. She had been nice enough to get us pizza and provided a great rest stop. She said she wasn't feeling the best so we traveled on without her. It ended up she was VERY sick and says it was the worst she has ever felt. We ended up canceling Christmas on my side. We have CBW running around the house (thanks to Uncle D) chanting 'Auntie ruined Christmas.' We are all a little on edge hoping we don't get whatever she had. It didn't sound fun.
Darrin did get me an awesome gift to open yesterday! For anyone who has been in our home and has seen the photos of CBW at eight weeks old, he did the same with CAW. They are so adorable. I can't stop looking at them every time I go upstairs.
I'm at work today. Uncle D is home with the kids. We are celebrating Christmas tomorrow with hopes that everyone will be healthy. Hope you all had great holidays.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home