A new baby and a brave little CBW!
On Wednesday I took the day off and met Teresa for a day of shopping at Mall of America. It was such fun to shop without children and just enjoy the day.
My friend Sara also happened to have her new baby girl, Halen, on Wednesday so after rush hour I headed to the north metro to meet Miss Halen. She is beautiful. Sara and the family are doing great. I'm so excited she gets to experience a girl.
Yesterday was a big day for our family. We had CBW's last parent-teacher preschool conference. We all left in agreement that Miss CBW is ready for kindergarten although I can tell the teachers hate to see her go.
Then we headed to the clinic for her five-year check-up. We had warned her about the shots a few days ago and she had not forgotten. However she played along for everything. We were there for almost 90 minutes.
Let me tell you, the moment the doctor pauses a bit too long when listening to your child's heart, all the junk in your brain that doesn't matter immediately vanishes. They keep hearing a heart murmur in CBW but this is the first time she has heard it when she isn't sick. We have to bring her back when CAW turns 2 and if it is still there we need to see a specialist. We are aware that many people have heart murmurs but something about CBW's makes our doc want to check it out. It doesn't help that her weight is also in the 10th percentile. She only gained 1.5 pounds this year. The good news is we know why....she doesn't eat very much!
I'm sure she will be fine. When the doctor was being all serious and trying to listen really closely CBW asked her 'why is your face frozen?' It was pretty cute.
She didn't cry for the shots but we did hear an 'ow.' I had brought along the "princess-of-bravery' herself, Pocahontas, for the big moment. It seemed to work well. She looked deep into CBW's eyes.
Yes, that is an Oliver tractor on Uncle D's shirt...a present from my folks.
I get to spend tonight and all day tomorrow in class. Fun, fun!
Enjoy the great weather.

1 Comments:
At 12:11 PM,
Sara Biren said…
Congrats on making it through the shots. And thanks for coming to visit us at the hospital. It means so much!
Post a Comment
<< Home