Skater Girl
CBW had a busy weekend with two birthday parties. It is making her more excited for her first 'school-friend' birthday party in two weeks! On Friday night she had a birthday party at McDonald's. She felt nervous but once she saw her two closest friends she was off having a great time. It felt strange to leave her since I don't know the family that well and I wondered how in the world they could keep track of all the kids. But when I picked her up at 7 p.m. she said she had a blast.
On Saturday she had another birthday party. This one was at a roller rink in town (straight out of the 70's). Apparently CBW is the only little girl who doesn't own a scooter (although that will change at her birthday) and doesn't know how to use a scooter. Who knew we were so far behind?
Uncle D brought her to the party. It was three hours long and he stayed most of the time (minus a quick trip to the car wash). He said he felt like he was sending her out onto 494 with all of the crazy kids (mostly boys) on their skates and scooters. She had a great time but was tired.
Saturday night Auntie decided to come for the night. She brought Thai food and Chipotle. (She can visit any time!) The kids loved seeing her but really loved seeing Elmo.
Sunday we finally got everyone outside for some sledding and a family snow-ball fight. My arm hurts today....pathetic I know. CAW was so cute during the snow ball fight. He would peak over the sled and then throw the ball all of two feet.
Too fun. Last night Joan and Kim took me out for my birthday. Yes, I guess my birthday is ten days long this year!
We have two busy weeks ahead! Wish us continued good health=)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home