10 years ago.....
Wow, we look young. When I hear people say they are getting married and they are 26 (like I was) I think 'that is way too young'=).I still remember May 30, 1998 very well. It was a rainy and stormy day (in fact one third of the cities ended up losing power that night) but for our 30 minute outdoor ceremony the sky was bright blue and clear. I remember spending the morning with Teresa and getting my hair and makeup done. I remember that Uncle D was at my Aunt and Uncle's home and fixed their children's gate (he is always fixing things for people). I also remember having so many special people in our lives come together was way more amazing than I would have imagined. It truly was a great day/evening.
That day I really did marry my life partner. I remember leaving for South Dakota in 1994 and feeling sad because I had no interest in living there. That quickly changed when I made some lifelong friends and met Uncle D. Those were the first and two of the most fun years of our lives (life was pretty simple then). I remember my Dad joking with me how to find a rich farmer to marry. Well Uncle D wasn't rich, but he does love tractors (although my Dad had also requested the rich farmer have a lot of land for my Dad to hunt).
When I reflect on our marriage I am full of gratitude that I met this man and that we have spent the last 13 years together. This weekend I was cleaning the basement and CAW (not CBW!) was playing Barbies. He was Prince Eric and I heard him tell his princess 'you sit here and I'll make dinner for you.' I laughed so hard that this barely three year old has picked up on what it means to be in an equal and loving relationship. I hope my children make the same wonderful choice I did when they choose their partner for life.
I will be spending my anniversary in class tonight. However this is an upgrade from the past three years (2005-recovery from being hit my drunk driver, 2006-CAW has pneumonia and I spent the night in the ER, and 2007-I had a blood clot and spent the evening in the ER). I guess school doesn't sound too bad.
Have great weekends.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home