A family of four

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Big big weekend


















































We had a big weekend at our house and now three of us are sick.

On Wednesday CAW had his last day at his daycare. Uncle D has been going there every day for six years (minus the summers). It is sad to say 'good-bye' since the teachers are like family to us.
On Friday I stayed home with CAW (he didn't have daycare). I did a lot of cleaning and preparing for our 13 guests but CAW and I managed to find time for a nice lunch on the deck and some time on the playground.

On Saturday the day was filled with preparing for the dance recital and CAW's birthday party. CBW had her dress rehearsal from 12:30-2:30 on Saturday. I then brought her to get a mini-up-do since she was feeling bad about having short hair.

I'll save the story for a time I can tell it in person but I will tell you that my six year old turned into a 14 year old in a matter of minutes. We had many tears and were about to wash her hair 30 minutes before everyone arrived when she finally calmed down. Yikes. It wasn't pretty. Uncle D (who doesn't have a sister) didn't know what to think.

CAW was cranky for his birthday party because I woke him up (which is not a good idea). CBW seemed to have a great time at her dance recital. I cried (which I knew I would). She didn't remember all the moves but she was smiling and seemed to be enjoying it. I know it meant so much to have 18 people in the audience cheering her on.

I was loopy tired on Saturday night and slept hard! On Sunday CBW and I attended my friend Paul's 30th birthday party. It was a surprise party and she thought that was very cool.
The last four days have been filled with sick children. I actually brought both of them to urgent care last night (I've never done two kids in one appointment). The verdict is we have two infected ears (one in each child), one pink eye, and a very bad cough.

Is summer here yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home