A family of four

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The big day!!!!















































































Wow. We have just had nine days of vacation in a row. Uncle D and I spent four days away (thanks to Grandma Sal and Grandpa Tom) mostly in Door County. We had such a nice time away from children, work, and school. It was great. We loved seeing Door County and hope to return again soon (maybe with the children this time=). I have more details about our time away but we just returned from Katie's wedding and I know folks want pictures.


The kids did so well. C-girl was at her best. She was brave, kind, friendly, and patient. I think she loved everything about the experience and most of all, loved being at Katie's side. I still marvel at the changes she has made since starting school. There is no way she would have done this when she was three.

CAW did pretty well. He didn't love his tux and luckily I had brought along extra shoes because there was no way we were getting those rented shoes to stay on=) CAW did go down the aisle. However he covered his eyes the entire way and once he got to me he said 'Mom, why is everyone looking at me!' You can see the from the photos he did manage to have some fun too and, as always, he loves to tag along with C-girl.
Uncle D and I were a great team. We did 'man-to-man.' I had C-Girl and he had CAW. At the ceremony he was the pitcher and I was the catcher. It worked well and we found quite a few moments for some chuckles.
We had such a wonderful time with Katie and Ryan and their families. I'm relieved it is over and went so well. I felt so nervous and can't imagine how I will feel when it is really 'their day.' C-girl was so sweet since she knew I always wanted to be a flower girl. I told her I have made up by being in about ten weddings but she kept checking in to make sure I was 'okay.'
We are now home unpacking. Enjoy the photos. I love the one of them falling asleep last night. We all slept really well last night.
Somehow we don't have a photo of Katie (Uncle D had the camera). I think it is because we were a little busy. I'll get one from Katie and post it. The photographer took lots with C-girl, CAW, Katie and Ryan and a few family photos of us. Hopefully they will turn out.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Summer said…

    I am glad to hear everything went smoothly. The kids look soooo cute!!!

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Sara Biren said…

    Wow, they look so adorable! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home