A family of four

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thanksgiving Fun







For some reason I didn't take the camera out during Thanksgiving. Hopefully my Mom got some shots she'll share. Well we packed a lot into the past seven days.
Here is the week in review. CAW didn't go to daycare Monday or Tuesday. They didn't have daycare on Wednesday. He was pretty ill so we had a hard time deciding if we should expose the Great Grandmas to this awful bug. (I think we made the right call since everyone other than CAW has stayed well).
We headed up to Pickle on Thursday afternoon. We had dinner at 6 p.m. Auntie brought home her boyfriend, Kahn. CBW got quite a kick out of that. All went well until 11:30 p.m. (when Mom, Darrin, and I finished dishes), CAW woke up. He was AWAKE from 11:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. It was awful since the whole house could hear him crying. I may have to cancel all Christmas travel plans if we don't forget about that night very soon=) Uncle D and I realized we got more sleep his first night home from the hospital.
On Friday my pal Leila and her daughter Luka came to Pickle. We had a fun time since the weather was awesome and we played outside. My Mom even made a pancake breakfast for us all.
Then at 1:00 p.m. CBW headed to Olivia's sixth birthday party. She did very well even though she didn't know any of the girls (other than Maddy). The party was great fun.
Then Mom agreed to watch CAW so I could take CBW to Happy Feet (with Teresa and Maddy). We packed a lot into that day for only having a few hours of sleep.
On Friday Uncle D headed into the Cities with his best pal Mike to watch his hometown football team win the state title. They then headed to Auntie's to install her new dishwasher. They all had a great time and it was wonderful for Uncle D to get a night of sleep away from CAW!
On Saturday we headed home and put up our Christmas decorations. CBW wanted to HELP so we did as much as we could while CAW napped.
I then took her on a quick shopping run. At one point she was laying on the floor in Macy's and letting people walk over her. Yes, it was a mistake to think she could handle some intense Christmas shopping.
On Sunday CBW had fun dressing CAW up (see photo above). They actually play together now which is quite the treat.
By the way, I'm almost done shopping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home