Dora and a Bumble Bee


This Saturday we headed up to my folks for a Pumpkin Party. CBW decided she wanted to be Dora again and CAW was a bumble bee. The kids played lots of games, went on a wagon ride to the pumpkin patch, and ate lots of sugar. It was a beautiful day, although quite windy up on the hill. Uncle D was happy to spend some time with his tractor. I took a two-hour nap with CAW. That was awesome.
I'm a single-parent this week since it is Homecoming and Uncle D is busy, busy through Saturday night.
I have realized in the past month that my organizational skills (something I pride myself on) are stretched to their limit. I realized this as I pulled out and looked at the toys in our yard that are not put away. Then as CBW was climbing into her car seat and I took a look at my car filled with art projects, cracker crumbs, etc. Two weeks ago I was on my way to class and realized my homework was sitting on my desk at work. Yikes. I think I hit the wall. I'm sure there is a life-lesson in all of this; I just need to figure that one out.
This weekend I need to go shopping for hats, mittens, and boots. I wasn't expecting to be dealing with snow in early October and as you may gather from the previous paragraph, I'm not prepared. Yikes.
Stay warm!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home