Sunday made the weekend...





Okay, I feel better finally so the sky is looking blue again!
I had class Friday night and all day Saturday and then Uncle D worked Saturday night so we were in some major need of fun.....
We found fun by spending about 13 hours in the Cities yesterday.
My sister ran the Twin Cities 10 mile race in 90 minutes! Then a bunch of my family ran the Twin Cities marathon. We sat on Summit and enjoyed an absolute perfect day in St. Paul with friends and family. CAW and Will had great fun and didn't get into too much trouble. For those interested, that is Kahn in the background of the top photo. He did a great job meeting us all at once!
Being at mile 25 does not motivate me to want to run a marathon. We saw a lot of people in a lot of pain! However Heather and I did talk about running a race next summer after she has recovered from baby two.
Then we headed to my sister's for lunch. We tried to get CAW to nap. That was a 'no-go' after his 15 minute nap in the stroller on the way back from the marathon.
Then my folks took CBW to Como Zoo.
Uncle D, CAW, and I drove to Msp to see our friend Summer and meet her new husband Reid. That was great fun. I had not seen her in more than a year. The newlyweds are doing very well.
We then headed on to my Aunt's home for dinner with the big family. It was pretty special to have eight of our 13 cousins together. We have not all been together since our wedding eight years ago. I have some amazing relatives. They are always so interesting to talk with and hear about their latest adventures.
We got home by 9:30. We got everyone to bed and I actually slept for six straight hours. It was very excited.
We are looking for much health and even more fun in October!
Highlights of the day:
Uncle D: The Twins winning the division!
CBW: Seeing the polar bears with Grandma and Grandpa (she told me this when I tucked her in).
CAW: Seeing his bud Will
JBird: Spending a beautiful day in the Cities (and not in class) with so many people I care about.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home