A family of four

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Fun


Each year I don't take photos at Thanksgiving. I have no idea why that is.

We did have a nice break. We slept in on Thursday and then headed north to see my family. We celebrated Thanksgiving and ended the night with a wild game of trivia. The women ALMOST beat the men. It was wild. There was a lot of laughing, screaming, and jumping. CAW didn't know what to think of all the commotion.

Everyone other than Ginger, My Mom, and CBW slept in on Friday. Ginger is getting really old and needs to go outside frequently. This meant that Mom and CBW were up at 6 a.m. (way too early for CBW!).
On Friday I headed into the Cities. I'm not one of those 4:00 a.m. shoppers but I do like a good deal. I had two stores to hit before 1:00 p.m. (when the deals ended) I arrived a Kohl's a noon. The line to check-out was one hour long. The product I wanted was long gone.

I then went to Best Buy. Same story there (although the line wasn't quite as long). I've learned that if I'm going to commit, I really need to be there by 4:00 a.m. and it just doesn't seem worth it. Seeing people with their carts loaded with stuff actually made me feel quite sad so I think I need to just stay away from Black Friday (I tried back in 2005 with similar results).

Shelly, Uncle D and I went out to dinner in St. Paul on Friday night. That was a huge treat. Uncle D and I slept in until 10:00 a.m. My mom had the kids for 30 hours. It has been a long time since we have had a break like that. It felt awesome (thanks Mom!)

On Saturday Uncle D went to his high school's state football championship game. Shelly and I went to IKEA to pick-up a table for our Grandma. On Saturday afternoon Darrin and I drove to Grandma's to assemble the table (made her day!) and then picked up the kids and headed home.

We were all very happy to be home. On Sunday we attempted Christmas photos. CAW actually did okay. His sister did great. Maybe some year that process will actually be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home