Back to school!!!!
Well I survived orientation last week and promptly got a cold. I shared this nasty cold with my husband (who has been working a ton at work though their opening), my sister (who took the week off for vacation) and my daughter (who started school yesterday). It has been quite the week.
We had a super-fun weekend (minus the sickness part). I'll post those photos later.
Back-to-school meant a new school for C-girl. She was in great spirits and did well at her orientation day. Her teacher is an ex police officer who plays the guitar. I think she is going to love him. She may have a Mom who decided to spy on her at lunch recess to make sure she had someone to play with on the playground. In fact, that same mom may have been busted by her daughter. However the run-in went well and I just told C-girl I was there to check on her cold. She accepted that and went back to playing.
Back-to-school for CAW meant starting at the 'blue school.' He is officially in preschool and enjoyed getting back to his friends. CAW did great at drop off but when the entire family came to get him at the end of the day he was crying and very upset (this doesn't happen much with him). He told us his best buddy, Isaac, had just left and that is why he was sad. Hopefully it is going better today.
Otherwise all is well. It is hard getting back into the routine but I know all families are feeling the same about now.
I had so many dear friends send their first child off to school this year. Reports so far are good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home